I saw a post on a local Maltese blog - All Things Lady, in case you're wondering - with a couple of make-up bits that are on the blogger's personal wishlist. Since I'm currently re-stocking and, for want of a better word, re-inventing my make-up collection, I thought it would be fitting to list those products I'd love to own in my very tiny collection. Truth be told, these products have been on my radar for months now, yet since most of them are unavailable in Malta I had no other option but to postpone their purchase.
1. I may have hinted that I'm a highlighter fan in the past. Having tried a couple of highlighter products myself and after reading so many reviews about this particular product, I think the number one spot goes to High Beam from
the pretty much always impeccably packaged Benefit. Even though I know Benefit price tags aren't the most affordable around, I know I'll be making use of the product on a daily basis. There, justification ready.
2. NARS is expensive, very expensive. And knowing my fickle nature with blushes, probably buying NARS's Orgasm blush wouldn't be a very brilliant idea. But, but, it's so pretty! I've seen one too many YouTubers rave about it and I'm about to jump on the orgasmic band-wagon (pun intended). Have you ever used NARS products? Are they worth the hype?
3. Why hello Chanel product I shouldn't buy because I'm as fickle with bronzers as I am with blushers! I really want the Soleil Tan de Chanel though. Chanel bronzers are hailed as the best of the label's make-up collection, so I'm inevitably intrigued to give them a try myself as well. Excluding my incoherent tendencies - outlined in the previous sentence - it would be wise for me to skip the buy because I may be tempted to get it just because it's Chanel. Oh, and I also know many people got breakouts from it. Not wise. Confused. Help.
4. I want a MAC lipstick to be honest, irrespective of the shade. I have my eyes set on Ruby Woo though. Everyone knows I'll wear red lipstick every day when the weather settles a few scales higher on the thermometer, so I might as well get a colour that I'll use often. Whereas MAC has many lipsticks in different hues of red, I've read that this particular one tends to suit everyone. I can hear 'buy me, buy me' in the background right now.
5. Well, if it isn't Essie's Mint Candy Apple! Remember my mint phase last year? I think it's coming back. This Essie polish is almost a cult item now. The main reason why I want to lay my hands on it is because it's so rare that owning it is quasi a statement. It's like a collector's item. Yes, that's a ridiculous reason to buy a nail varnish. Go away.
6. Last but not least, a product I finally saw live at Boots over the weekend. I want a Real Techniques Brush, preferably the stippling brush please! I'm tempted to grab the entire set and make my way to the cash before changing my mind, but I want to try out one of them just to verify whether they're worth the praise they receive. I'll keep you posted on this one.